ATTEND OUR PROGRAMMS
All are welcome to participate in all our programs regardless of religion, race, color or sex etc.
Everyday Programs :
- Morning Chanting and Meditation at 5:30 am.
- Evening Chanting and Meditation at 6 pm.
- If you are looking for a place to practice your daily meditation. You are welcome to use the meditation hall every evening from 7 am to 8:30 pm.
WEEKLY PROGRAMMS :
- Every Sunday Dhamma discourse & Meditation Program from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
- Every Sunday Dhamma discourse in Kannada by Most Ven Ananda Bhanteji from12:30 pm to 01:30 pm.
- Every Sunday Children Dhamma Program.
- Hospital Dana Service -Every Saturday and Tuesday food dana for 350 cancer patients at Kidway Cancer hospital. You can join our monks from Mahabodhi, Gandhinagar at 11am or be on your own at the hospital at 12pm to join the program.
- Every Saturday- One day meditation from 9 am to 4 pm. The lunch will be arranged in the Vihara.
- UPOSATHA DAY ( Full moon, New moon, First quarter and Third quarter )- You all are welcome to Maha Bodhi Society to undertake the Uposatha Ashatasila on these UPOSATHA Days special during the Vassa Period and important Buddhist festival from 8 AM to 8PM.
The undertaking of Sila will be given to you by Bhikkhu at Sharp 9AM. You can spend the whole day in Dhamma by practising Meditation. Your lunch will be arranged in the monastery. Kindly check the moons phase below.
- Every month there is special Dhamma and meditation classes are conducted by guest monks. Kindly follow the Mahabodhi Calendar to stay updated.
- Dana service to hospital on full moon days.
THE MAJOR FULL MOON DAYS
- Magha Puja · (‘Sangha Day’)
Commemorates the spontaneous gathering of 1250 arahants to whom the Buddha gave an exhortation on the basis of the Discipline
(Ovada Patimokkha). February full moon day
- Vesakha Puja · (‘Buddha Day’) Buddha Jayanti
Commemorates the birth, enlightenment and passing away of the Buddha. May full moon day.
- Asaiha Puja · (‘Dhamma Day’) Dhammacakka Pavattana Day
Commemorates the Buddha’s first discourse, given to the five samaṇas in the Deer Park at Sarnath, near Varanasi. The traditional Rainy-Season Retreat (Vassa) begins on the next day. July full moon day.
- Pavarana Day - This marks the end of the three-month Vassa retreat. During the following month, lay people may offer the Kathina robe as part of a general alms-giving ceremony. October full moon day.
- Dhammapada Day (Phalguna Purnima) – The birthday of Most Respected Venerable Acharya Buddharakkhita, Founder of Mahabodhi Organisatons.
- Seminars, symposiums on various relevant topics
- Conducting various religions programs like Merit sharing ceremony, Birthday celebrations, House inauguration programs etc., at the monastery or at the homes of lay people on request and invitations extended to the monks.
If you are interested to receive our program details kindly give your email with a note to include in the mailing list for invitations.